Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Some updates on the Moseleys

The past two weeks have been a bit rough in the Moseley house... but I wanted to write and update family and friends who occasionally read our blog.

James and I have been working on getting all the projects done on our house before the baby comes. We have installed new hard wood flooring on the first floor of our house- which is absolutely gorgeous!! We got new counter tops in the kitchen and finished the look off with new drawer pulls which really make the counter tops stand out. About a week later we decided to install new tile flooring and counter tops in the upstairs bathrooms before we started work on the nursery.

A few days after the tile was installed in the guest bathroom- we woke up to discover that the bathroom pipes had broken loose during the night and had dripped through to the first floor ruining the ceiling in the kitchen and approximately 500 square foot of the brand new hard wood flooring that we had just finished installing. The water had sat so long that it also started to leak through to the basement and ruined a few of the tiles of the drop ceiling and cause water stains on one of the basement walls. WHAT A MESS!!!!!!

To make things worse, the same week, there were some family misunderstandings involving my niece and my twin brother and I got into a HUGE argument. So our stress level was very high that week and my blood pressure has been higher than "normal."

Today I received a call from the doctor's office telling me that I need to come in for another Ultrasound. I was surprised and feel nervous because I don't know exactly why... I have been told by several friends that this could be a routine Ultrasound and maybe they just need more information or a better picture of the baby. I hope that nothing is wrong- but at this point I just don't know!!!! The appointment is Monday, June 8th and my mother has agreed to go to the doctor with me.

Please pray that everything goes well on Monday and that James and I are able to work through the next few weeks and have all the repairs completed and be able to move onto preparing the nursery soon.

2 comments:

Brian, Beth, Garrett, Lucy, Brooks and Deacon White said...

girl...wow! so much has been going on with you the past few weeks. hang in there...while family dramas can cause chaos, they're nothing compared to what your body's doing in knitting together the very fabric of another human being. don't let anything, anyone or any circumstance take that joy away. my prayer for you guys on monday is simply that you have peace...& not a spirit of fear. i know you have to be in absolute turmoil about WHY it is that your dr wants you back for another u/s. but ultimately, god knows what's going on with you & your little one. allow his peace to wash over you both as you go into that room (nice that your mom's going but i really hope james will be there w/ you too). i love you - i'll try to call you this w/e to catch up!

Andrew and Denise said...

Oh, Sue! that sounds worse than you thought when we talked on the phone. I am sure the ultrasound is not a huge deal or they would have had you go to the ER or something. I will be praying for you today. I miss you! please let us know what is going on!