Sunday, June 28, 2009

Week 28 and counting...

I am now into week 28 of my pregnancy with our precious baby girl. James and I can't believe that we are getting closer and closer to holding our wonderful bundle of joy!!!!


We started our Birthing Classes this week at Aultman Hospital- where we will be delivering. The class is great- and has only 6 couples... which is a perfect size. We are all first time parents and seem to be nervously excited for what we have to expect over the next 3 months. Some of the mothers are further along than I am- but we have all been able to share our experiences and have a connection.


I had my 28 week doctor's appointment on Friday. The doctor checked me and said that I was measuring a perfect size and that the baby was approximately 2 pounds now. I have only gained 12 pounds so far in the pregnancy- which they told me was right on schedule. Everything is going well and I really feel great. I'm still having trouble sleeping but try to take naps when I can- as long as the baby isn't feeling too active at that moment in time.





James and I also start on our nursery this week. We bought the border and put it on the walls on Friday after work. Here's a few pictures of the border... I love the brown and pink combination.







James and I also decided that we wanted to leave a small twin bed in the nursery in case I need to stay in the room a few nights in order to not wake James when he goes back to work. We're going to make the bed into a day bed- so we went to JoAnn Fabric's today and bought a few different colors and types of fabric so that I can start sewing pillows. It's going to be so cute- I can't wait to post the final pictures of the nursery when we're all finished.
My doctor's appointments are now every 2 weeks since I am officially into my third tri-mester, so I will be posting again soon. Much love to all friends and family who read our blog- thanks for your prayers... the pregnancy has been going to wonderful so far- what a miracle!!!

1 comment:

Andrew and Denise said...

I didn't know you sew! how exiciting! I love getting the nursery ready. I am so glad you are doing well. keep in touch!