Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Week of Firsts!!!



This week has been a week of FIRSTS for Elise!!!!!
On Monday morning, she figured out how to get up on her knees all by herself. James and I have been working with her and helping to push her up on her knees. She would stay on her knees and rock back and forth a little bit and then fall back down. She would push up on her arms- but never figured out her legs until early this week!!
Unfortunately, all I had close by was my phone to take the picture- so it's not the best quality. And- of course it was morning, so Elise isn't quite dressed in her best and is missing her pants... but she was up on her knees (and almost on her feet!!!)



On Wednesday morning, Elise figured out how to get from her knees to the sitting position!
I wonder how babies figure out how to do these things on their own. James and I haven't shown her how to get into a seated position- but she DID IT!!!!
Of course- once again- this is a picture I took with my phone... so not the best quality. Look at that face though!! She was soooo proud of herself. I think I screamed that morning when I went in to get her. It's odd seeing your child sitting up in her crib when you're used to walking in and she's usually laying on her back or belly.
I'm sure she was thinking "why are you taking my picture?? Get me out of here and get me some breakfast!!!"


Now when we put Elise on the floor- all she wants to do is push up into a sitting position. She hasn't tried to crawl or anything for a few days because she wants to practice her new "skill." If she wants to get a toy, she sits up- then she dives towards the toy. If she's not close enough, she pushes up into a sitting position again and then dives again. It's so funny to watch!!!!


Another thing Elise has done this week is finally start playing in her jumper.
Bryan & Lisa got the jumper for her for Christmas and she's acted afraid of it and every time we put her in she starts to fuss and cry. Well- with her new confidence... she's not afraid anymore.
Here she is this week playing in the jumper. She's not exactly jumping- but she's having a good time. She became very amused with the mirror and started reaching and playing with it. She was so enthusiastic about it that she pulled herself over to one side so that both of her feet are actually off the floor.
We're going to work with her more on the jumping- but the best thing is that she's excited and wants to play in it!!!! So glad!
Below are a few pictures I wanted to share from the photo shoot that we had with Elise a few weeks ago. Our friend Chris (the same one who took our Christmas pics) took them for us. Amazing enough- Elise started sitting up on her own two days before the pictures were taken. So eventhough I have my hands behind her in most of the pics- she's sitting up all on her own!!!!

OUR BIG GIRL!!!! WE JUST LOVE HER SOOOO MUCH!!!!

1 comment:

Brian, Beth, Garrett, Lucy, Brooks and Deacon White said...

this is all so cute...i love reading about babies firsts. she gives you guys so much joy, susan! it's beautiful to see you relishing in the simple delights that make your little elise unique. i love you, girl!