Monday, September 24, 2007

Hot Air Balloon Ride

James and I just did the coolest thing ever!! We went up in a Hot Air Balloon...
For our 1st Anniversary- I wanted to go along with the "paper theme" and I bought James a gift certificate to go up in a Hot Air Balloon. Because of bad weather (the conditions have to be perfect)- we weren't able to go on the Hot Air Balloon ride until now... it was the coolest thing that we have ever done! One of the guys we work with has a Hot Air Balloon- and he took us for a ride.
First they fill the balloon with air using a large fan- the picture below shows them filling it.

I was able to climb into the balloon while it was still on its side, and they were still blowing it up, and take a picture of the top of the balloon from the inside.









After the balloon was blown up, James and I climbed in the basket and flew over Minerva. We started at the old Jr. High (that was recently torn down), flew Northwest and landed in a yard over by Kiko Meats.

Below is a picture of is flying by PCC Airfoils (where James and I both work) and a picture that Kyle took of the two of us riding in the Hot Air Balloon about 500 feet in the air.















We had a great time- though I think I had butterflies the whole time. It was a little scary- but well worth it! We landed fairly smoothly- hitting a tree in the process (oops!) But besides that- everything was great!!! We finished the ride with a champagne toast (one of Kyle's traditions).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwww how sweet! I hope you had a wonderful time! Cute pic of the two of you! xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Great pictures...looks/sounds like you both had a wonderful time...how romantic!

Brian, Beth, Garrett, Lucy, Brooks and Deacon White said...

WOW! That's so freakin' cool! We gave a hot air balloon ride to my parents a few years ago & ever since then I've been dying to go on one. I guess once I'm no longer preggers we can think about it again! You guys look cute in the balloon, girl!

Beth