Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Greene Twins

James and I were in Portland, Oregon this past week at a conference for work. Luckily we were able to visit my friend Denise (from Milligan College), her husband Andrew and their two baby twin boys (Drew & Gavin) while in the area- they recently moved to Richland, Washington.

We had a fabulous time- though we were only able to spend a little over a day with them.















Here is a picture of Drew (left- sleeping) and Gavin- three months old.

We also took a trip with Denise and the boys to a local winery- Bookwalter Winery. Here is James standing in front of some of the grape vines- with a newly purchased bottle of red wine.














Denise and Andrew just recently moved to Richland, Washington- because Andrew moved to a new job with the same company. They have been really busy and haven't had a lot of time to unpack all of their boxes.
Friday afternoon, James, Denise, the twins and I were sitting downstairs talking- and all of a sudden we heard some rustling. We thought maybe a mouse was in one of the boxes, so we sent James to investigate (as we ran upstairs). He discovered that a SNAKE had gotten stuck on the packing tape of one of the boxes. We found out later from the neighbors that it was a "good snake" (eats rattler snakes)- but we didn't want it around. I was brave enough to take a picture of it- after James put it out on the back deck (our hero).



Friday and Saturday were wonderful- spending the weekend with Denise, Andrew, Drew & Gavin. We had a wonderful time, and even enjoyed the beautiful scenery on the way back to the Portland Airport (here's a picture I took from the car- almost losing the camera in the process....hehe)

I'll leave you all with one last picture of James and I holding Drew & Gavin.

The weekend was wonderful- and it was cool seeing Denise (I miss you so much!!) HUGS

5 comments:

Andrew and Denise said...

It was so nice to see you too. James remember you are my hero!
Come back soon!

darcy said...

I am so jealous that you got to go out to see them! I am not jealous of the snake incident, however. James, you rock.. oh snake whisperer.

Unknown said...

Susan....you both look pretty natural with those babies!

Unknown said...

I agree with Kim about the babies! I would have been scared to death if I encountered that snake...Yikes! I'm such a chicken!

Brian, Beth, Garrett, Lucy, Brooks and Deacon White said...

Oh my lord! I don't know WHAT D is feeding those boys, but they are so fat & cute, I LOVE it!!!

Seriously, I would have a heart attack if a snake was in my house. No lie. I would have to leave for days until I was thoroughly convinced it had been removed & killed. James, you're a knight!!!

And you guys DO look great with those two babies in your arms!!! Love you both!
Beth