Sunday, July 8, 2007

ABBY IS FIVE

It's hard for me to believe- but my niece Abby turned FIVE!!!
Her birthday was actually on June 15th- but because she had her tonsils removed, Lisa decided to delay the Birthday Party a few weeks... which ended up being a great idea.

James and I bought Abby the "Chair-a-go Round" which was a big hit. Here is a picture of James and Abby riding it.
The cool thing was that it went up and down like a teeter-totter, but it also flipped around like a merry-go-round... quite the dangerous toy!! All the kids played on it for a while- and no one got hurt... yet!

Here is a picture of Abby blowing out all of her Birthday candles after we sang to her. She had all of her friends surrounding her.

Every time she wants to do something (dangerous or otherwise)- she says now "But I can do it because now I'm FIVE"



Here is a close-up picture of the cake... I had to include the detail because Lisa did such an incredible job!

As you can tell- Abby's Birthday theme was "Candy Land"
Lisa made the game board on the cake using Starburst Candy, she used suckers, peppermint candies and chocolate to create all of the different little candy lands along the board.
It was the coolest kids cake that I've ever seen.
She also did a great job with the decorations- by using Candy Land Boards all around, suckers and she found Candy Land beach towels to use as tablecloths.


Lisa always has everyone pose for a Group Picture too. We each had to hold a sucker and smile big!!
James and I are right in the middle- near the back.
Abby is in the front row- a little to the right.
The weather was perfect and the day was a great time!
HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY ABBY!!

2 comments:

Andrew and Denise said...

I can't believe she is 5. It seems like yesterday when we were sitting in my guest room at my condo and you were showing me pictures of her and she was just born. My how things have changed. We were both single then. Who would have thought we would both be married, have Weims, and I would be a mother of twins. God is so good. I miss you Sue.

Brian, Beth, Garrett, Lucy, Brooks and Deacon White said...

I love the Candy Land theme! Like D, I can't believe that Abby's already 5. How these little ones grow up so fast around us! In 5 years, I'm sure I'll be saying the same thing about the little one growing in my belly! Love you, girl!