Saturday, September 19, 2009

40 Weeks and still Pregnant

I am one day away from my due date!!! I can't believe that September 20th is finally here!

I have had a wonderful pregnancy- I think I have been "glowing" from the day we found out that I was expecting. I haven't had any problems, I have only gained 19 pounds (which the doctors tell me is very good) and we're enjoyed every moment- feeling the baby move, picking out maternity clothes, spending time with family and friends at our baby showers and James and I growing closer together by planning for the baby and attending our labor preparation classes.

I had my doctor's appointment on Friday and found out that I'm 50% effaced and dilated 1 cm. I realize that I have a long way to go- but we are very excited to know that progress has begun and we are a little bit closer to having our baby!!!!

My next appointment will be Wednesday and I have been told that if my labor doesn't start by next Friday (September 25th) that they plan to send me to the hospital to be induced.

We hope that labor starts naturally this week. We are going to start walking more, driving on bumpy roads and drinking Red Raspberry Leaf tea (which I hear can start labor). Whether all these things will work or not- I'm willing to try anything!!

Keep watching our blog or Facebook for pictures within the next week... we can't wait to post pictures of Elise!!!!

No comments: