Thursday, April 26, 2007

Getting Started


Well, after talking for a few days, James and I decided to start our own blog.

We have realized over the past year that so much has changed in our life- and we feel like we have lost touch with all of our friends and family. Hopefully this will help us keep up with our friends and family so many miles away...

As most of you know- we got married in June 2006. It was a beautiful wedding.... We enjoyed beautiful 60 degree weather as we got married outside (my dream) at Stan Hywet. We spent the next 1 1/2 weeks Honeymooning in Hawaii- the perfect honeymoon. Every day was an adventure... we hiked to the bottom of the volcano, took a helicoptor ride around the islands, attended luaus, SCUBA dived (of course), snorkeled, took sunset cruises and visited Pearl Habor (both of our favorite days!)
Being married has been a wonderful, growing experience for both of us. We were both such independent people- and now we're learning to "think of two" (as James says). There have been two large challenges- both of which I believe we have now overcome.
The first was selling both of our houses and finding a home to call our own. My house sold quickly before the wedding- but we finally just closed on James' house this week!! It's so wonderful to have only one mortgage payment (maybe we'll have some "fun money" now).
The second challenge for me was teaching Sieben (James' Wiemaraner) that she can't sleep on the bed anymore. There have been a few nights when she's just so cute that I can't say no- and I break the rules. Besides-she's been James' bedmate for 10 years now... and you know- "You can't teach an old dog new tricks!"
We have been blessed with so many wonderful things in the last 10 months since we were married- and hopefully there will be more... I will try to stay faithful in writing each week so that I can continue to share with friends and family. Much love-

3 comments:

Andrew and Denise said...

I see you figured it out without any help from me. sorry i didn't get back to you. Can I add you to my blog list? I know i will love to keep in touch this way. Amy sent me a really long email and i should have suggested this to her too. I miss you, Sue! p.s do you have a king or queen bed?

Char said...

So good to hear about what's going on with you!!! I've been thinking about you, can't wait til I get to Ohio and can see your new house. I plan to come up there the end of May this year. Hugs to you both (and anybody else I know that's reading this)!!

Unknown said...

Your new house is just so pretty! Keep writing and putting pics on. Your wedding pic is gorgeous too. I am so glad you both are so happy!